Opinion Of Eminent Legal Luminaries On Controversial Issues

Can Employer Refund Excess Tax Deducted?

QUERY: Is there any provision whereby employer can give refund of excess tax deducted to the employee within the year/after year end?
ANSWER: – No. An employer has right to adjust during the financial year u/s. 192(3)

– Employee has to claim from Dept.

Posted in Income-tax

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Credit: Several of the queries and answers are reproduced with permission from the AIFTP Journal. We thank AIFTP for generously allowing us to host their research material.
Disclaimer: The contents of this document are solely for informational purpose. It does not constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation. While due care has been taken in preparing this document, the existence of mistakes and omissions herein is not ruled out. Neither the author nor itatonline.org and its affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any inaccurate or incomplete information in this document nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. No part of this document should be distributed or copied (except for personal, non-commercial use) without express written permission of itatonline.org