Opinion Of Eminent Legal Luminaries On Controversial Issues

How To Change PAN Card After Marriage Of A Lady?

QUERY: Particularly in India up to marriage of a lady/female her father’s surname has to be mentioned. After her marriage, her husband’s surname has to be recognised.

Now, is there any procedure for changing PAN card with her husband’s surname?
ANSWER: Yes, Please see “Online Application for Request for new PAN card or/and change or Correction in PAN Data (PAN change Request Form)"

Posted in Income-tax

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Credit: Several of the queries and answers are reproduced with permission from the AIFTP Journal. We thank AIFTP for generously allowing us to host their research material.
Disclaimer: The contents of this document are solely for informational purpose. It does not constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation. While due care has been taken in preparing this document, the existence of mistakes and omissions herein is not ruled out. Neither the author nor itatonline.org and its affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any inaccurate or incomplete information in this document nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. No part of this document should be distributed or copied (except for personal, non-commercial use) without express written permission of itatonline.org