Search Results For: 171(3)

Is It Necessary To Have Partition Order In Case HUF Has Partitioned?

QUERY: Nowadays, no action is taken on intimation for partition u/s. 171(1)? Can the assessee presume that his application has been accepted or would be make any difference?
ANSWER: Click here to read the full answer of the expert

S. 171(3) of the Act mandates that on a claim being put forward under this section, the Assessing Officer shall hold an enquiry. Such enquiry shall be made as part of assessment proceedings. On completion of the enquiry

Posted in Income-tax